Turkish passport is the document used in foreign travels of Turkish citizen. It started to be used regularly for the first time with the Passport Law dated 15 July 1950 and numbered 5682. Turkish passports are issued by the Turkish Republic Civil Registration Offices. Passports have biometric passport feature. It has a validity period of 10 years. Passports are protected against copying and abuse. There are 5 types of passports issued on behalf of the Republic of Turkey. The usage area, authority and features of each passport type have been determined according to the criteria.
What are The Types of Turkish Passport?
There are 5 types of passports. Passport types are as listed below.
- Green (Special) Passaport: The green passport is the type of passport allocated to civil servants. It also includes retired civil servants and public servants. Except for situations that require a diplomatic passport, this passport is also issued to officials going to missions outside of Turkey. The green passport can be issued from 6 months to 5 years, depending on the parameters. Spouses of persons with this passport also have the right to obtain a green passport. Unwed and unemployed children of green (special) passport holders who live with their parents until they turn 25 yeras old , obtain green passport
- Bordeaux (Ordinary) Passport: This type of passport is an ordinary passport type. It is the passport that those who do not meet the conditions of other passport types can apply.
- Grey (Service) Passaport: Those who cannot be given a diplomatic or special stamped passport are given a Gray Passport when they are sent outside of Turkey on an official mission by the State, special administrations or municipalities, or when they are assigned in foreign countries
- Black (Diplomatic) Passport: Diplomatic passports are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the Embassies and Consulates of the Republic of Turkey in foreign countries, to the Members of the Turkish Grand National Assembly, to the Ministers who are not members of the Turkish Grand National Assembly, to the Constitutional Court, Court of Cassation, Council of State, High Administrative Court, Court of Appeals, the Chief Public Prosecutor and similar authorities
- Pink (Temporary) Passport: It is a travel document that Turkish citizens can get from Turkey’s foreign representatives (consulates). It is a type of temporary passport. temporary passports; It is issued to be valid for a maximum of 1 month in cases of passport loss, passport expiration and deportation.
How To Get a Turkish Green Passport
- Being a Citizen of the Republic of Turkey
- The green passport is the type of passport allocated to civil servants and public officials, lawyers who have completed 15 years, and businessmen who meet the export volume criteria. Spouses and children under the age of 25 who are unmarried and still studying are entitled to obtain a specially stamped green passport.
- Completion of required documents. Theese documents are It is a request letter from the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Turkey, 1 biometric photograph, identity card, employment document or retirement document from the relevant official institution. A letter of consent is required for those under the age of 18.
- In order to apply for a Green (Special) Passport, you must first log in to nvi.gov.tr and make an appointment with the population directorate.
How To Get a Turkish Bordeaux Passport
- Being a Citizen of the Republic of Turkey
- Every Turkish citizen who does not work in the government service has the right to obtain a Bordeaux passport.
- Bordeaux (Ordinary) Documents required for passport application, identity card, 2 biometric photos, passport fee and bookkeeping fee receipts, a letter of consent for under 18s and a student certificate for students.
- In order to apply for a Bordeaux (Ordinary) Passport, you must first log in to nvi.gov.tr and make an appointment with the population directorate.
How to Get a Turkish Gray Passport
- Being a Citizen of the Republic of Turkey
- The gray passport is given to people who are sent abroad on behalf of the state but do not have a diplomatic (black) or special (green) passport. It is not possible to use a gray passport for personal business or vacation purposes.
- Required documents for gray passport, service passport request form, identity card, 2 biometric photographs, passport book fee receipt, student certificate for students, consent letter for minors.
How To Get aTurkish Black Passport?
- Being a Citizen of the Republic of Turkey
- Black passports are given to people who work at high levels of the state and their families with certain conditions. Black passports are given to people who work at high levels of the state and their families with certain conditions.
What are The Documents Required To Obtain a Turkish Passaport?
Documents required for an ordinary (Bordeaux) passport are identity card or temporary identity card, 2 biometric photographs, passport fee and book fee receipts (Students under the age of 25 do not need to pay a fee), a letter of consent for minors and disabled individuals, and a student document for students. Requirements for green passport are special passport request letter to the Ministry of Interior, original identity card, consent letter for minors, circular of signature from the institution they work for, and a document showing that they are retired for retirees. For black (diplomatic) and gray passports, the necessary conditions are fulfilled by making it on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey.
Where To Go To Get a Turkish Passport?
After all the necessary conditions for the application for a Turkish passport are met, the necessary documents are prepared. In order to obtain a Turkish passport, it is necessary to apply. Appointments are made at nvi.gov.tr or by phone number 199. If an application is to be made within Turkey, the application is made to the Provincial Population and Citizenship Directorates for special (green) and service stamped passports, and to the Provincial and District Population Directorates for ordinary (bordeaux) passports. If an application is made from outside of Turkey, the application is made from the foreign representatives of Turkey.
What is The Fee For Obtaining a Turkish Passport?
The fees required to obtain a Turkish passport are passport fees and bookkeeping fees. Passport fees and book fees vary according to the passport duration. passport fees and costs, respectively; shown as below.
Period Fee Book Total
6 Month 18,60 USD 15 USD 33,60 USD
2 Year 24,20 USD 15 USD 39,20 USD
3 Year 30,20 USD 15 USD 45,20 USD
4-10 Year 40,40 USD 15 USD 65,40 USD
The specified amounts are valid for 2021. It is updated every year by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance. Special and Service Stamped Passports are exempt from fees. Passport book and fee; It can be paid via the https://ivd.gib.gov.tr internet address of tax office directorates, PTT Branches, contracted banks or the Revenue Administration.
What Are The Benefits Of a Turkish Passaport?
People who meet the necessary conditions can have a Turkish passport in a short time. One can travel to more than 100 countries without a visa. You can easily enter 26 Schengen countries. Those who are Turkish citizens and obtain a Turkish passport have many rights in Turkey. At state universities, they have rights such as free education, legal, health services and retirement programs. There is no need for a residence permit. It is possible to take advantage of these and similar rights in Turkey, as one will be a Turkish citizen in order to obtain a Turkish passport. Turkey is a modern country, witnessing an unprecedented growth in infrastructure projects, attracting foreign investments, supporting real estate investments that attract foreign capital, developing industry, commercial and agricultural sector, products it exports, and a distinguished position it has acquired at the regional and international level. There are advantages to having a Turkish passport after becoming a Turkish citizen. Many countries issue visas to Turkish passport holders on easy terms. Turkish citizens with temproriy passports can travel to 111 countries without a visa or by obtaining a visa at the gate.
Is It Possible To Buy Real Estate in Turkey with a Turkish Passport?
Yes. It is possible To Buy Real Estate in Turkey with a Turkish Passport. A person with a Turkish passport has all kinds of rights because they are a Turkish citizen. In addition, Turkish citizenship is given to foreign nationals who buy real estate in Turkey for at least $250,000 or invest $500,000 or more. The ability of foreign nationals to purchase real estate from Turkey is regulated in Law. In order to purchase immovable property, the condition of Turkish Citizenship and residence permit in Turkey are not required. Therefore, foreign nationals can own real estate in Turkey without a Turkish passport. Foreigners can purchase real estate to use as a workplace or staying in Turkey, provided that they comply with legal restrictions. Before foreigners buy real estate, it is also necessary to obtain permission from the military authorities in the region.There are issues that foreigners should pay attention to in the acquisition of real estate. It should be learned whether there is a situation that prevents the sale, such as a mortgage or foreclosure, of the house to be purchased. Official transactions should be carried out in the land registry offices. The title deed fee is paid by the buyer and the owner of the real estate.
Which Countries Can I Go With Turkish Passport?
Listed below are the countries that can be visited without a visa or with a visa application at the door with a Turkish passport.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Sultanate of Brunei
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Ivory Coast
- Republic of South Africa
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Costa Rica
- North Macedonia
- Macau Special Administrative Region
- Republic of Palau
- Saint Kitts (Saint Christoper) and Nevis Islands
- Sao Tome and Principe
- St. Lucia
- Taiwan Tonga
- Trinidad and Tobago
Which Countries Can I Go without a Visa with a Turkish Passport?
- Andorra: Ordinary passport holders can travel to Andorra, located on the European continent, without a visa for 90 days
- Antigua and Barbuda: You can enter Antigua and Barbuda in North America for 180 days without a visa.
- Argentina: You can travel to Argentina, located in South America, with a burgundy passport for 90 days.
- Albania: Temproray passport holders do not need to obtain a visa for their 90 day trip to go to Albania
- Azerbaijan: You can travel Azerbaijan for 30 days by obtaining a visa at the border gate.
- Bahamas: You can visit the Bahamas in North America without a visa. However, you have to prove that you are traveling for tourism purposes at the border gate. If you can prove it, you can stay in the Bahamas for up to 8 months
- Bahrain: You can visit Bahrain by obtaining a 15 day visa at the border gate
- Barbados: You can enter Barbados in North America without a visa for 90 days
- Belarus: You can travel to Belarus without a visa for 30 days without a visa.
- Belize: You can travel to Belize in North America without a visa for 90 days with an ordinary passport.
- Bolivia: Bolivia, located in South America, is exempt from visa for 90 days for ordinary passport holders.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Ordinary passport holders going to Bosnia and Herzegovina are exempt from visa for 90 days. You can plan your trip economically, especially for a visit to Sarajevo.
- Botswana: You can enter Botswana on the African continent visa-free only with your burgundy passport.
- Brazil: The popular country of South America, Brazil, is also visa-free for 90 days.
- Dominican Republic: It is valid for 30 days within approximately 30 dollars at the Dominican Republic border crossing to North America. (2018)
- Ecuador: Ecuador provides a 90-day exemption for touristic travel to those located in South America
- El Salvador: El Salvador, located in North America, provides 90 days visa-free travel to ordinary passport holders
- Indonesia: You can take 30 trips at the border to go to Indonesia, which is located on the Asian continent.
- Armenia can only be visited by holding a burgundy passport and can grant 120 visa exemptions. Black, Grey, Green Passports are subject to a grandfather visa and cannot obtain a visa at the border
- Morocco: You can travel to Morocco, one of the most important tourism destinations of the African continent, for 90 days without a visa. You can search for a flight ticket to Casablanca, our flight destination in Morocc
- Fiji: Allow 90 days visa-free entry to Fiji, an Oceanian country.
- Ivory Coast: You can travel online to Ivory Coast in Africa
- Philippines: Ordinary passport holders can enter the Philippines without a visa for 30 days.
- Palestine: If you go directly to Gaza, you can travel to Palestine without a visa for 30 days. However, if you are going to transit through Israel, an Israeli visa is required
- Guatemala: The North American country grants 90 days visa-free entr
- Republic of South Africa: Another African country where you can travel for 30 days by obtaining a visa at the border gate is the Republic of South Afri
- South Korea: The visa-free travel period for your visit to South Korea in the Asian continent is 3 mont
- Georgia: Georgia is one of the countries where Turkish citizens can travel with an ID. Georgia allows visa-free entry for 1 year. Before planning your trip, don’t forget to read our Georgia Travel Guide articles and search for a flight ticket to Tbilis
- Haiti: You can get a 90-day visa at the door for Haiti in North America. Note: You can enter the country by obtaining an entry visa called a tourist card, which allows you to stay at the airport for 10 USD for 90 days.(2018
- Honduras: Located in North America, Honduras applies a 90-day visa exemptio
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong allows 90 days visa-free entry. The only condition is that the ordinary passport must be valid for 6 month
- Iraq: Iraq is among the countries that allow visa at the door for 10 da
- Iran: Iran allows Turkish citizens to travel for 90 days without a visa
- Jamaica: Ordinary passport holders can enter the North American country of Jamaica without a visa for 90 days.
- Japan: Japan is among the countries that allow Turkish citizens to travel for 90 days without a vis
- TRNC: The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is another country where Turkish citizens can travel without obtaining a visa with an identity card. You don’t need a passport to go to TRN
- Cambodia: Located on the Asian continent, Cambodia provides visa at the door for 30 days to ordinary passport holders
- Montenegro: Montenegro offers 90 days visa-free travel within 180 days, not exceeding 90 days
- Qatar: Qatar grants ordinary passport holders visa-free entry exemption for 30 day
- Kazakhstan: Kazakhstan is among the countries that grant visa-free entry exemption for ordinary passport holders for 30 days. Don’t forget to book your Almaty flight ticket early and make your visa-free holiday even cheape
- Kenya: You can travel to Kenya on the African continent by obtaining an online vis
- Kyrgyzstan: Kyrgyzstan provides visa exemption for Turkish citizens for 1 month. You can start planning your trip to Kyrgyzstan by buying a flight ticket to Bishke
- Colombia: You can travel to Colombia in South America without a visa for 90 day
- Federated Islamic Republic of the Comoros: You can enter the Federated Islamic Republic of the Comoros by obtaining a visa at the border crossing
- Kosovo: Kosovo provides visa exemption for a period not exceeding 90 days within 180 days. You can save more money by buying your flight ticket early for the capital Pristina trip.
- Costa Rica: Costa Rica, a Central American country, grants visa exemption to ordinary passport holders, provided that it does not exceed 90 days within 180 days
- Lebanon: Lebanon is among the countries that allow visa exemption for a period not exceeding 90 days within 180 days.
- Madagascar: You can enter Madagascar for 90 days by obtaining a visa at the door.
- Macau: Macau is among the Asian countries that do not require a visa for 30 days.
- Macedonia: You do not need a visa for 90 days to travel to Macedonia. You can go on holiday without wasting time by buying a plane ticket to Skopje.
- Maldives: Maldives grants visa-free entry to ordinary passport holders for 30 days.
- Malaysia: Malaysia is another country that does not require a visa for 90 days from Turkish citizens holding a burgundy passport
- Mauritius: Mauritius, an African country, offers visa-free travel for up to 30 day
- Mexico: You can travel to Mexico for 30 days by obtaining an online visa, provided that you enter by air.
- Mongolia: Mongolia is among the Asian countries that do not require a visa for 30 days
- Moldova: Moldova grants visa exemption to holders of ordinary passports for 90 days.
- Nicaragua: Nicaragua allows visa-free travel to Turkish citizens for 90 days.
- Niue: You can travel to the country of Niue in Oceania without a visa for 30 days.
- Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan is among the countries where you can travel without a visa for 30 days.
- Palau: You can travel to Palau, located on the continent of Oceania, indefinitely without a visa
- Panama: Panama provides 6 months visa-free travel to Turkish citizens.
- Paraguay: You can travel to Paraguay within 180 days, provided that it does not exceed 90 days
- Peru: Peru is among the countries where you can travel within 180 days, provided that it does not exceed 90 days
- Rwanda: You can travel to Rwanda by obtaining an online visa online. Online visa is prepared within 4 working days.
- Samoa: You can enter Samoa, an Oceanian country, by obtaining a visa at the door for 60 days. Don’t forget to bring 2 passport size cards with you.
- Sao Tome and Principe: Turkish citizens can travel visa-free for 15 days.
- Saint Kitts (Saint Christoper) and Nevis Islands are among the countries that apply visa exemption, provided that it does not exceed 90 days within 180 days.
- Saint Lucia: Ordinary passport holders can enter Saint Lucia without a visa for 6 weeks.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Islands: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Islands are among the island countries where you can travel without a visa for 90 days
- Senegal: You can easily enter Senegal by obtaining an online visa
- Seychelles: If you want to go to Seychelles, you do not need a visa for 90 day
- Serbia: Serbia, a Balkan country, allows visa-free travel within 180 days, provided that it does not exceed 90 days. You can buy your flight ticket for the capital Belgrade without waiting
- Singapore: Singapore is among the Asian countries that do not require a visa for 90 day
- Sri Lanka: You can travel to Sri Lanka for 30 days by obtaining a visa at the border gate or by applying for a visa online
- Syria: Syria grants a 90 day visa exemption every 6 months from the date of first entry
- Swaziland: Swaziland is among the African countries that do not require a visa for 30 days
- Chile: Turkish citizens can enter Chile without a visa for 90 day
- Tajikistan: Passport holders can travel to Tajikistan for 60 days by online vis
- Tanzania: You can travel to Tanzania, which offers a visa for 90 days, by paying $50 (2018) at the border gate
- Thailand: Thailand is among the Asian countries that do not require a visa for 30 days
- Taiwan: You can enter Taiwan for 30 days by obtaining a visa at the door. Don’t forget to bring only 2 passport photos with you.
- Togo: Visas can be obtained for Togo at land border gates and Lomé Airport.
- Tonga: You can get a 31-day door-to-door visa to travel to Tonga, the country of Oceania
- Trinidad and Tobago: It grants a 30-day visa exemption to Turkish citizen
- Tunisia: You can travel to Tunisia without a visa for 90 day
- Turks and Caicos Islands: Turks and Caicos Islands also offer visa exemption to Turkish citizens for 90 day
- Tuvalu: You can travel to Tuvalu in Oceania indefinitely without a visa
- Ukraine: Ukraine is among the countries where Turkish citizens can travel with a chip and photo ID. In addition, it does not require a visa for up to 60 days when entering with a passport
- Oman: You can get a 30-day visa at the border gate to go to Oman
- Uruguay: You can travel to the South American country of Uruguay without a visa for up to 90 day
- Jordan: Jordan provides visa exemption to Turkish citizens, provided that it does not exceed 90 days within 180 days.
- Vanuatu: You can travel to Vanuatu, an Oceanian country, without a visa for 30 days.
- Venezuela: Venezuela does not require a visa from ordinary passport holders for travels of up to 90 days
- British Virgin Islands: Provides visa-free travel for up to 30 day
- Zambia: You can travel to Zambia for 30 days by obtaining a visa at the doo
- Zimbabwe: You can enter Zimbabwe by obtaining a visa online. Visa is prepared within 2 days.
Who Can Get a Turkish Passport?
Everyone who is a Turkish citizen has the right to obtain a Turkish passport by complying with the necessary application conditions. No special conditions are required for obtaining an ordinary (bordeaux) passport. For green, black and gray passports, the conditions are as stated before. Those who are not citizens of the Republic of Turkey cannot obtain a Turkish passport. It is possible to obtain a Turkish passport (Bordeaux Passport) after becoming a citizen of the Republic of Turkey. Only citizens who do not comply with the criteria determined by law cannot obtain passports. Public employees dismissed from public office, Closed associations, schools, companies, foundations, etc. Employees in all legal organizations cannot obtain passports.