House is a shelter that protects us from the heat, rain, wind, dust, and animals within our habitat. Buying a property requires the selection of a wide range of homes. Ultimately, it depends on the family’s budget, preferences, and needs, but it’s worth looking at the different types of houses, including single-family and multifamily housing.
It is common for people to move around frequently. Some people live in temporary houses, some in permanent homes, and some in anything in between. According to their regional conditions, different types of houses are listed below.
- Houses in cold regions: Igloos. The arctic and polar regions are characterized by extensive snow and severe cold. Snow blocks were used to build buildings in this region, sometimes in the shape of a dome. The dome form ensures that the space remains warm from the inside. In addition to being called a snow house, Igloo is also known as a winter shelter. Wooden houses. Due to North America’s chilly climate, many individuals construct log cabins and timber homes. There is plenty of wood available and it does a fantastic job of controlling the indoor humidity and temperature. Additionally, wood is a superb insulator, which helps to keep the house comfortable in summer and winter.
- Houses in hot and dry regions: Mud/Clay houses. A home is built using mud, straw, and other materials. Mud homes were the structures common in hot and dry areas. The system is indigenous to Mexico. Brick houses. Egyptians used baked mud bricks in hot and dry areas. These bricks were better when cooked. Egypt’s buildings were perhaps the first in the world to be constructed with bricks. Brick was used instead of mud and straw and it is composed of clay that is shaped, dried, or burned. Bricks are used to construct a significant proportion of homes in cities nowadays
- Houses in hot and wet regions: Huts. Africans construct homes in a hot and rainy climate. In that part of the world, they use plenty of grass, leaves, and vines. Straw and mud walls help the house stay cool in the heat.
- Other types of houses: Stilt houses are usually found in areas with high precipitation where flooding occurs. Stilts lift the construction above the ground to keep the house dry. You may often see this home style in some areas of East Asia and West Africa. Temporary houses are used for both camping and holidays. Many fishermen use wood or coconut leaves to build homes near the coast. However, individuals have changed their approach to building temporary housing, relying on more advanced materials. The usage of tents for weekend camping is common. In modern times, waterproof materials like canvas fabric and nylon are used to make tents. Tipi or tepee is a cone-shaped tent constructed from animal skin or birch bark used by native Americans. The mobile home is known as a caravan. Either a horse or a motor vehicle can pull the caravan. It is common for people to relocate from one town to another with caravans. A houseboat is a floating home on lakes and other forms of water. They come in different sizes, some are small and others have two stories. While some individuals just use it for vacation purposes, others prefer to live there. Hong Kong, the Netherlands, and some other countries use houseboats.
Here are all the house types based on different structures and designs.
Metal buildings are excellent for having fun and enjoying a private space to live in, with the bonuses of low-cost, energy-efficient, and low maintenance. As a result, these low-cost metal buildings are in demand in the countryside.
It creates a structure that provides a house with a workshop, colossal garage, barn, horse stalls, aviation hangar, and more. It also has the ideal framework using worldwide steel when designing a steel building kit.
The barndominium is just becoming popular now, even though it has been present since 1989, as the earliest known reference to the phrase “Barndominium” was in 1989 according to the New York Times. Connecticut is where the barndominium was invented.
The advantages of the barndominium are listed below.
- A steel frame structure is more energy-efficient than wood.
- The life cycle of the building is longer with a steel exoskeleton.
- This durability of the building.
- Reduced insurance costs.
- Repair costs are lower for steel since it is easier to fix than wood.
How much does it cost?
From US$20 to US$160 per square foot, a barn conversion might cost differently. Installing a turnkey home has the potential to raise prices above US$150 per square foot, as cabinetry, flooring, windows, and insulation would likely be required. Those who utilize shell kits for building walls and roofs are closer to US$20 per spot.
New American houses currently cost a total of US$210,415 to build. When you include the bills and mortgage payments, the cost of a house is significantly higher. A new home might be affordable if you purchase a barn. The average of US$220,000 is expected to raise over US$240,000 by 2020. It has amenities including granite worktops, Andersen windows, and roll-up glass doors.
Who can benefit from the barndominium?
- Trade workers love it because it protects them from external elements.
- It’s also convenient for workers.
- The barndominium offers another lifestyle benefit for families. Due to its reduced construction costs per square foot, larger homes are better for a big family. A barndominium house enables a great deal of running around and enjoying other advantages.
A fort is a fortified structure (a fortification) rectangular and enclosed to shelter troops and other personnel. Timber and stone were the original building materials used to build forts. The structure’s wall or fence is usually high and has a vast and well-defended entrance.
A fort’s infrastructure may include things like ditches, ramparts, and parapets. Within a defense, facilities including barracks, command centers, medical stations, supply shops, meal halls, artillery, munitions supplies, and accommodations for other inhabitants support its occupants.
Modern American forts often serve as military bases, although they lack fortifications and are divided into special areas (military barracks, administration, medical facilities, or intelligence).
Even today, some of the more modern defense houses are known as forts. These kinds of fortifications are often modest and semi-permanent. Residences and public buildings adapted forts to suit their needs.
Log forts are not typically used in low-level hostilities such as counterinsurgency and low-level conventional warfare. Static above-ground defenses are ineffective against modern artillery and small arms fire.
The advantages of living in a fort are listed below.
- No cost of housing
- Convenience and safety
- The landscape and garden usage
- Employees are nearby
Goat and sheep herders’ cabins are the origin of cthe halet, which is a kind of Swiss cottage. Usually found in the mountains, it is being used as a vacation house these days. However, with the rising popularity of skiing, chalets are typically holiday homes with access to slopes.
The word chalet was originated in the Arpitan-speaking area of Switzerland and the French Savoy, it was referred to as the herder’s cabin in the beginning.
The term chalet applies to some distinctive features of construction. Both the roof and the overhangs are rather steep. This roof style is meant to handle heavy snowfall. A traditional chalet-style residence has a roof with a gently sloping incline and protruding eaves.
Swiss chalets are prominent in Switzerland and Germany throughout the 18th century. It took its name from the general style of the roofs and facade. In the mid-19th century, the design style was brought to private houses, hotels, and tourist parks. In the early 20th century chalets made their peak, especially in Ohio and Colorado.
After the Alpine tourist industry became prominent, vacation houses turned into ski lodges and hiking destinations. During the last several decades, the word “chalet” transformed from Alpine-style vacation houses to any kind of mountain residence.
In Quebec French, a holiday or summer home near a ski slope is known as a chalet regardless of a Swiss chalet.
The advantages of chalets are listed below.
- Chalet houses are less expensive than residences since they’re built using simple materials and basic designs.
- Chalet homes provide many possibilities for personal and complex artwork with their expansive windows, wide overhangs, and exposed construction. Using ornamental shingles and carved rafters to embellish the roof is a popular choice.
- It is affordable as well. The project costs around US$20,000 in general, which excludes the cost of the land and the interior.
A large number of people formerly resided in caves. It was pretty straightforward in a primitive sense. Building something new is unnecessary when nature has already provided a structure. While most cave houses were ready to use, some societies made cities of a large complex with beautifully designed caves.
Buildings in Santorini are characterized by their simple design and flexibility. Volcanic materials such as black igneous rock, red rock, and pumice stone have resulted in domes and cave houses on the island. These caves are affordable and straightforward to build. They were preferred as housing because they were inexpensive and utilized by natural materials.
Some of Santorini’s villages are situated on the edge of the caldera cliff, others stretch outside the walled castle town, known as Karelia, and some are tucked among the rocks in several directions. Cave homes cost US$230,000 on average.
The advantages of caves are listed below.
- Ecological cave houses will benefit from heating and electrical costs, reducing up to 80%.
- They have thermal features naturally.
- Rocks provide an excellent sound barrier.
- A cave is a natural shelter against war and weather.
- Cave homes may have a lower cost than typical above-ground houses.
- Cave houses provide the advantage of having only two sides to preserve instead of four.
A mansion is defined as a big residence of at least 12,500 square feet in size, although there is no legal specification that defines a mansion.
The cost of a mansion ranges from US$750,000 to US$8 million. Buying a home is a luxury itself. Mansions have rooms to help guests rest and entertain themselves. Movie theaters, spas, and libraries are some of the facilities featured in these rooms.
Apart from the number and size of the rooms, additional features determine if a house is a mansion. The typical features of a mansion are listed below.
- Entertainment facilities, residential lounges, commercial salons, and billiard rooms were necessary for 20th-century houses. An entertainment-centered modern mansion has several essential features, such as bars, enormous great halls, and extravagant game rooms. These homes also include several kitchens which mean a comfortable stay for guests.
- Before the 20th century, greenhouses, conservatories, and libraries were vital for relaxing during the workday. Today’s features such as extensive spa facilities, home theaters, gyms, and high-tech media rooms may even include a high-tech safe space if you live in a mansion.
- Today, luxurious estates have zen gardens, sports facilities, water features, automobile courts, huge garages, fire pits, hiking paths, and guesthouses.
- Top-quality woods, stones, and all the best textiles are the most common materials to build and decorate mansions to suit your taste.
6. Floating on Water Residence
These houses, which are comparable to tiny and large houses, float on water. Floating homes are designed to stay in one location and are tied to public services.
In some cases, floating houses do not sit on decks. Instead, some are in cement encasements with expanded polystyrene, often known as floatation blocks. Large buoyancy blocks help to stabilize the building and prevent collapsing due to humidity infiltrations and moisture absorption.
Depending on their size and location, the cost can range from US$150,000 to US$2 million or higher.
Floating homes have no limits. You can expect to observe fish from the basements with porthole windows or have heated floors.
The benefits of floating homes are listed below.
- Living well when on the water.
- Sewer system construction without water pipes.
- Sorting out issues with costs and cultural differences.
- Finding a solution to global health concerns.
7. Dome/Round Houses
A dome home is formed as spherical or ellipsoidal with a wooden or other structural structure. In most cases, the initial price of a monolithic dome is equivalent to a custom-made, standard-interior residence.
If you want to buy a house that costs US$100,000, you will spend the same amount for a dome home. However, the expenses of a monolithic dome will always be lower due to long-term and daily cost savings.
There is an unlimited number of design options. An open floor plan encourages to experiment with design ideas. The inside structure of a dome home is an independent work apart from the dome itself.
The advantages of a dome house are listed below.
- Energy efficiency
- Cheaper to build than traditional houses
- Endless design possibilities
People are uncertain whether a cabin or a cottage is more like a house. While a cabin typically suggests a basic, rustic, and minimalist place, a cottage refers to a more luxurious place to stay.
Cabin structures are more primitive than cottage buildings. Cottages can be rural or urban, while cabins are always rural. Some say a cabin has a log-built structure.
Log cabin constructions fill their space stacking with a plaster-like mixture of moss, mortar, mud, or dried manure. Log cabins are typically found in forests because the building materials are plentiful.
A log cabin building kit for a one-bedroom home costs approximately US$30,000, while a four-bedroom house with two bathrooms, a balcony, and a deck would cost about US$80,000. The typical price of a five-bedroom log cabin or a custom construction can go up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The advantages of a cabin are listed below.
- Better air quality. Wood is known for having several air-cleaning features.
- It improved psychological well-being. A log cabin’s nature-like ambiance may benefit one’s mental health.
- Natural insulation for temperature control.
- Encourages a more active lifestyle.
While 70% of the American population lives in single-family houses, it is not a popular option in other nations. A single-family house has a separate residence on the same land and has no relation to the other building.
Most single-family houses can be found in suburbans. During World War II, only 13% of the population were residing in suburbs and now, almost half of the US population lives in suburbs.
Building a single-family home costs around US$114 per square foot and an average home in the US is 2,594 square feet. The total cost of a single-family is around US$296,652.
The advantages of a one-family residence are listed below.
- Tenants who choose to live in single-family homes are more likely to stay for a long time.
- Lower taxes on real estate.
- Reliable resale value.
- Lower administrative expenses.
An apartment refers to an apartment within a building. The structure may be used as a single-family home, a condo complex, or an apartment building.
For an average of US$64,575 to US$86,100 per unit, you can have a mid-range building with a basement, functional doors and windows, and other appliances. According to the given numbers, the cost will be around US$85 and US$200 per square foot.
The advantages of apartment living are listed below.
- Easy care and maintenance.
- Increased safety and reduced expenses.
- Rich in great amenities.
- Excellent local community.
Ranch-style homes are single-story residences that include open-concept floor plans and a designated patio area. The expansive windows and low-pitch rooflines are features of ranch home designs. Ranch-style houses may have several floor plans.
The three most popular exterior materials in ranch-style homes are brick, wood, and stucco. Having a garage attached to the house is typical. Ranch-style homes with big windows are generally well-designed.
The location and the size of the house contribute to the expenses. The typical cost to build a ranch-style home in the US is somewhere between US$196,000 and US$625,000. Most individuals pay about US$340,000 for a 1,700 square foot house.
The advantages of a ranch-style home are listed below.
- Having no staircases result in more room for the living area, increasing the overall living space.
- Ranch-style homes were considered to provide easy access to the yard. Huge glass doors that slide out to access yards, decks, patios, or pools are standard.
- Because there are no steps, parents with young children will find the place safer. Additionally, senior citizens who struggle climbing up and down the stairs may like living in single-story homes.
- You will have easy access to windows, trim, and the roof, so you can fix the house on your own or paint it yourself.
Townhouses are multi-story buildings that have an entrance on one or two sides of the building. Because of their nature, townhouses in the suburbs are homogeneous houses created as part of a clearly defined neighborhood.
The townhouse can be associated with a homeowners organization. While costs can range from US$100 to US$350 depending on the neighborhood, it’s important to note that there may be additional fees. A private entry and multiple-level plan can be similar to a single-family house without the costs of the land.
A townhouse is more personal than a condo, even if they share a wall. The homeowners association offers some advantages and protections, it also provides more significant space. A townhouse may be a wise investment.
The advantages of a townhouse are listed below.
- Low market price
- Easy maintenance
- Common area amenities
- A sense of community
13. Tiny Home
A tiny home is a little house, either permanent or moveable. It is as small as 100 square feet or as large as 400 square feet. Tiny homes are incredibly capable of different layouts and designs and usually seen as modern types of houses.
As home buyers are decreasing, many are finding value in the option of co-living. Pricing can range from US$10,000 to US$100,000, depending on whether you build it yourself or have it made for you.
Old-fashioned materials such as wood and sheet metal are often utilized in framing a tiny house due to their effectiveness in protecting the structure from harsh weather and providing little insulation.
The advantages of a tiny house are listed below.
- Reduced costs.
- Mortgage-free. For most individuals, buying a property without using a mortgage is an impossible dream. A 30-year mortgage with a 4.5% interest rate adds US$18,000 to the average price, bringing it US$482,000.
- Low energy use.
Bungalows are often single-story or single-level homes or cottages constructed with a pitched roof. Dormer windows and patios are common in bungalow types of houses.
Building a single-story home might cost anything from US$181,000 to US$552,000 on average. As a result, the price of a bungalow depends on the price of land and the plot’s dimensions.
The materials utilized for bungalows often keep the house warm. Cedar shingles and natural-colored wood are popular as siding materials, although clapboard is the most frequent. Building blocks made of stone, brick, or concrete were also used, some of them shaped into fancy ornamental forms.
The advantages of a bungalow are listed below.
- Usually have a lower value.
- Can be private.
- Modifying a bungalow is much easier than a regular house.
- Have a more economic value.
15. Underground House
An underground house delivers a fresh perspective to traditional box-style homes. Building an underground house is a form of building that integrates natural features that are cost-effective, comfortable, and eco-friendly.
To create an earth-sheltered home, start with a wood and concrete structure and then enclose it with the surrounding earth. The result is a house that’s less vulnerable to harsh weather and it is more energy-efficient.
The construction materials of underground houses reduce maintenance expenses. Also, they are resistant to wind, fire, and earthquake, provide a secure and safe atmosphere in the worst conditions. Underground houses cost about 20-30% more than aboveground homes.
The advantages of living in an underground house are listed below.
- Cost-efficient. Many underground houses are heated by the ground’s natural warmth. Underground housing can cut heating and cooling expenses up to 70%.
- Weather. A residence with an underground shelter is more shielded from rough weather conditions, such as tornadoes and thunderstorms. Underground houses can outlive conventional homes for decades because of this extra protection.
A castle was typically built by the aristocracy, royalty, or military during the Middle Ages. It is widely accepted that castles are home to lords and royals for private living.
Castle construction materials are made up of soil, timber, and stone. Earth and wood-based motte-and-bailey castles were effective, but stone structures were eventually developed because of the vulnerabilities in their nature. The motte-and-bailey castles were constructed on artificial hills called a motte.
The typical cost of a castle is somewhere between US$282,000 and US$5,650,000 and higher.
The advantages of living in a castle are listed below.
- Amazing vista
- There are several places to play sports and engage in other activities
- Luxury and comfort
Palaces are huge homes that typically are royal residences or the homes of important people. The term was created from the Latin word palātium, referring to the imperial palaces of the Roman emperors, which were located on Palatine Hill.
Lutetian limestone is the most common stone in the Palace of Versailles. The foundations were built using the toughest strata of rock. Saint-Leu stone is a common variety of Helly stone that is soft but becomes complicated when dries. It is exceptionally durable.
McMansion is a derogatory word used in suburban neighborhoods to refer to “mass-produced” houses sold primarily to the upper-middle class in the United States. Virginia Savage McAlester, who also gave a first description of the standard features which define this building style, coined the more neutral term Millennium Mansion.
McMansions, which are noted for having complex massing and various roof lines, are also characterized by the combination of styles, including steep sloping roofs, quoins, and dormers. According to industry experts, a typical McMansion in the neighborhood would be worth around 274% more than the area’s other properties. Unfortunately, McMansions, which would have been priced at US$611,000 or 190% more than the rest of the market, are almost nonexistent.
19. In-law Suite
An In-law suite is a studio space located on the same property as, or even attached to, a single-family house. Other names for this type of accommodation include mother-in-law suite, guest home, granny pod, and Ohana suite.
The advantages of an in-law suite are listed below.
- Fabulous space
- Additional assistance for children
- Improves the quality of life, mental tranquility, and independence
A cottage is typically a tiny house. It may have the sense of having an older or more traditional structure. In modern use, a cottage refers to a small, comfortable residence located in villages or rural areas rather than in towns.
Cottages are constructed with ready-to-use materials. A cottage may be built of stone, brick, or wood. The average homeowner will discover that the cost of building a cottage is around US$250 per square foot. The entire cost of the project for an 800-square-foot cottage is US$200,000.
The advantages of a cottage are listed below.
- Increased quality of life
- Simplifying existence
- Reduces environmental footprint
21. Carriage House
A carriage house, sometimes known as a coach house, is a distinct structure from the main house constructed initially to store horse-drawn vehicles. Some carriage homes featured horse stables, although in most cases the horse barns or stables were rebuilt independently.
Carriage homes were trendy in the Northeastern United States before the invention of automobiles. A typical carriage house costs between US$180,000 and US$220,000, depending on the land available.
The advantages of a carriage house are listed below.
- A carriage house will last for a more extended period.
- Carriage houses increase the property’s value.
- A carriage house provides easy vehicle parking.
- It keeps automobiles dry throughout the year.
- It is fashionable and appealing to the eye.
A treehouse, tree fort, or tree shed is a platform or structure built above ground level on a mature tree. Treehouses can be utilized as a place of pleasure, a place of employment, a place of residence, a hangout spot, or a business of observation.
A treehouse requires a tree that is not too young, not too old but healthy. Some excellent options are apple, oak, ash, fir, and beech. When making your selection, consider the tree’s height and branches in addition to its age and health.
The best woods to utilize are redwood (sequoia), western cedar, eastern cedar’s red heartwood, and cypress. All of these materials are naturally resistant to deterioration, assuring the longevity of the construction.
The typical cost of building a treehouse in the United States is between US$6,000 and US$15,000. The majority of homeowners pay around US$7,000 for a 10×10-foot treehouse made professionally out of basic lumber and with a simple design that includes a roof and walls.
The advantages of a treehouse are listed below.
- Nature friendly
23. Mobile Home
A mobile house is a prefabricated structure constructed in a factory and then moved to a permanently connected chassis.
The cost of a mobile home is US$51,371 for a single-wide, US$96,529 for a double-wide, and US$100,000 – US$250,000 for triple-wide/multi-wide on average.
The advantages of purchasing a mobile home are listed below.
- Taxes are reduced.
- They are easy to build. As the name implies, prefabricated homes are built in factories. Therefore, there is inherent efficiency in planning and assembling, as required by the industrial construction process. Additionally, the construction will not be delayed by bad weather.
- They are entirely customizable. A new mobile home allows customers to customize their living area without the hefty cost of new construction.
A manor house, also known as a fortified manor, is a rural residence that functioned as the administrative headquarters for a court, Europe’s lowest organized territorial unit during the feudal era.
The lord’s manorial courts, community dinners with manorial tenants, and grand feasts were all held within its vast hall. The medieval manor was typically fortified according to the nation or region where it was located and the degree of a peaceful settlement. The manor house also functioned as the main center of secular village life, while its great hall housed the manorial court and tenantry assembly.
Manors were constructed from natural stone and were designed to survive. The typical manor will cost well over US$1 million, while some seaside estates may cost more than US$13 million.
Condominiums are individual apartments within a more significant structure, which means you have neighbors above, below, and next to you. Condo residents only own the unit they live in.
The typical cost of constructing a condominium complex is between US$75,000 and US$150,000 per unit. While some lower-end condominiums are less expensive to make than higher-end structures, most fall within this range.
The advantages of a condominium are listed below.
- Reduced maintenance
- Proximity to the city
A multi-family home is a single structure that is designed to accommodate many families living independently. This includes duplexes, two houses within a single system, and small apartment complexes with four apartments.
The advantages of a multi-family house are listed below.
- Affordability of acquisition
- Less difficult to manage
- Tax Breaks
- High rate of appreciation
- Reduced investing risk
- Accelerate the growth of investment portfolio
27. Container Home
These houses are constructed entirely from a steel shipping container. Individuals are constructing houses of different types and sizes with massive lego pieces.
Shipping containers are often available in ten-foot (10ft), twenty-foot (20ft), and forty-foot (40ft). The smallest shipping container gives around 100 square feet of floor area for a container home. Eight bigger containers combined form a two-story home of around 1400 square feet.
Hundreds of container micro-apartments may form a sizable apartment structure together. Smaller, more affordable container home prices range from US$10,000 to US$35,000. Large houses constructed from numerous shipping containers and equipped with amenities can cost US$100,000 to US$175,000.
The advantages of a container home are listed below.
- Ease of transport
- Site locating
- Predictable costs
- Constructed from recycled shipping containers
A housing cooperative, or co-op, is a legal entity, often a cooperative or a corporation, that owns one or more residential buildings. In general, cooperatives are more popular in densely populated areas with a high cost of living. While Watergate in Washington, D.C., is perhaps the best example of a housing cooperative, they are most widespread in New York City.
The advantages of co-op housing are listed below.
- Co-ops might be a less expensive housing alternative in some situations. They are priced per square with the added benefit of lower closing fees.
- Even if owners are not generating equity, a future sale of a unit might result in immeasurable benefits. This is especially true when investing in a high-cost housing market in the long run.
- Co-ops frequently have a higher level of social connectivity than huge condo complexes.
A yurt or ger is a circular tent covered in skins, used as a home by nomadic communities in Central. The construction comprises an angled assembly or latticework of wood or bamboo for the walls, a door frame, ribs, and a steam-bent wheel.
Yurts are not seen as permanent structures, as they are viewed as temporary structures or tents. However, in the majority of locations, yurts with foundations are considered permanent buildings.
Yurts are traditionally constructed with wooden slat lattice walls that hold sapling beams connected at the top by a wooden ring. The roof beams push against the lattice walls, kept taut by leather strapping that runs around the structure’s circumference.
A yurt costs about US$27,500 on average. The cost can range between US$11,500 and US$44,000 depending on the size, location, and numerous other factors. The costs include US$2,000 – US$5,000 in labor, US$6,000 – US$30,000 in material, and US$3,000 – US$7,000 for the basic platform.
Yurts may also be good investments. They are long-lasting, inexpensive, and easily rentable. When utilized as holiday rentals, they quickly pay for their costs.
A chateau is a magnificent rural mansion of the royal, lord, or elite class. The chateau functions as a fortress in the regions of France where battles occurred. Numerous structures in the Languedoc area were constructed by the Cathars to protect their beliefs against the Papal crusade.
However, in the 1860s, centuries-old traditional building techniques utilizing locally sourced materials were still in use. The chateau’s exterior walls are constructed of tiny, crudely squared-up chunks of limestone, with cement composed of local clay subsoil.
A villa is a single-story structure that often has an outdoor patio and a front garden or terrace. It may be attached to a neighboring villa or share at least one wall with it.
Villas have a long history dating back to the Roman Empire. It is a style of housing that originated as an upper-class rural residence in ancient Rome. Since the Roman villa, the concept and function of a villa have developed significantly.
A tranquil existence, with the hustle and stress of daily life, individuals want a pleasant home to unwind, rest, and be at peace. While living in a gated community, you are isolated from the busy sounds of traffic, loud next-door neighbors, and many more. The average cost of constructing a villa is around US$1,100,000 for a 3,200 square foot luxury villa.
What are the Types of Houses in Turkey?
Turkey is an excellent mix of the east and west, proven by its architecture. There are various architectural styles, ranging from modern European villas to Ottoman mansions in every city of Turkey.
When you travel around Turkey, you will observe that different locations have distinct architectural styles. Turkey’s climate is remarkably variable, which makes diverse materials accessible.
Many buildings are constructed of wood further north and along the Black Sea coast. In Central Anatolia, sun-dried brick houses can be found. On the west and south, you can discover stone constructions.
Here are all types of houses in Turkey.
- Traditional villas
- Tourist villas
- Historical villas
- Penthouse apartments
- Duplex apartments
- Triplex apartments
- Studio apartments
- Konak (ancient mansion)
- Stone houses