Istanbul is charming city hat was built on two different continents. The city is not look like any other city with its history and location.
Istanbul is accepted as locomotive of country with that economic, cultural, touristy, finance and education criterions.
Although Istanbul is not capital city of Turkey, it is melting pot of many different civilizations.
Istanbul has world famous bosphorus and also capital once upon a time for both Byzantium and Ottoman Empire.
More than 15 million people live in this charming city.
Istanbul has border with Çatalca in Europe continent and also has border with Kocaeli in Asia Continent.
Istanbul is to be surrounded with Bursa and Marmara from west side of city and southwest side also to be surrounded with Tekirdağ.
Kırklareli stationed from northwest direction. Istanbul has an area of 5 thousand 712 kilometers that was built on a peninsula between Haliç and Marmara.
The islands located in the Sea of Marmara also considered to be part of Istanbul.
Istanbul Weather Condition
Istanbul has Mediterranean Climate and Anatolian Continental Climate. Four different season can be seen in a year.
Winter months are not too cold in Istanbul, which is usually warm in summer months.
Mediterranean climate is seen in Istanbul and due to presence of Marmara Sea and Bosphorus different features be seen.
Istanbul is surrounded with plant which called as “Maki” and thick forest that is seen because of Mediterranean climate.
Winter times is felt sometimes below zero degrees and also snowy weather can be seen. Especially inner part of city has mostly typical Anatolian Continental Climate.
Near the sea and close part of city to sea is have warm weather conditions.
As a historical and modern city Istanbul history goes back to the year of 8500. Istanbul was built in BC.700 by the Greeks.
Istanbul was the capital city of both Rome and East Rome Empires with the name of “Constantinopolis”.
Istanbul was used as capital city for 5 century by Ottoman Empire after conquest in 1453.
Istanbul has an architectural that combined with west world and traditional east. That made you admired with mosques, restaurants, bazaars, shops and other famous places.
Many foreign people were adored from Istanbul and invest in city after seeing Istanbul’s charming and fascinating historical and entertainment sides.
Transportation routes in Istanbul
Istanbul is one of the largest cities in the world that has a large number of transportation in the heart of the city and its environs.
There are many modes of transportation, including the subway in Istanbul, the metrobus line in Istanbul, the tramway line in Istanbul, buses, and boats that connect the European part of the city with the Asian section. And minibuses.
Where is Istanbul
The sea is visible from all over Istanbul, which is located on the Marmara Sea.
Istanbul ties Europe and Asia Continents with Bosphorus, also city has many historic districts that deserves to see.
Istanbul has heritage that comes from Rome Times which are known as Hipodrom, Yerebatan Sarnıcı and Çemberlitaş.
Also Galata Tower is located in Istanbul which comes from Genoa times.
The city also has historic structure like as Dolmabahçe Palace, Kızkulesi, Çırağan Palace, Topkapı Museum, Kapalıçarşı.
Istanbul’s Features Regions
Istanbul that has also 39 district hold different cultural and regional values. Fatih, Hagia Sofia, Sultanahmet Mosque and Topkapı Palace is accepted as city’s icon also they located in list of UNESCO World Heritage.
Istanbul has the well-known football team of Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş. Also most watched TV series in the world, shoot in Istanbul. Istanbul has TV series that known as Muhteşem Yüzyıl and İstanbullu Gelin. Price of accommodation can easily compete with Paris, London and New York cities. Also famous actor mostly live in Bebek, Şişli, Ortaköy, Ulus, Teşvikiye, Kanlıca, Kandilli and Emirgan districts. These district prices are can compete with world’s famous city’s accommodation fees.
The Places to Visit in Istanbul
Istanbul is a city that has historic centers and iconic structures that cause to hosts many guests who come from different part of all over the worlds. Istanbul has many districts that worth seeing.
- Hagia Sofia – Sultan Ahmet Mosque: Ayasofya is one of the famous museum of the Turkey. In old times Ayasofya was a church but now is a museum. Ayasofya effect people with its great and fascinating structure and atmosphere. Just opposite Hagia Sophia there is the Sultan Ahmet Mosque built by Sedefkar Mehmed Ağa in the Ottoman period. If you are in Istanbul you should visit Sultan Ahmet Mosque at least one time to not being regret.
- Galata Bridge: You can experience enormous sunset of Istanbul in Galata Bridge that inherited from Genoas.
- Palace: The Topkapı Palace, Çıragan Palace and Dolmabahçe Palace were built during the Ottoman period that fascinating people with perfect structure and charming decoration.
- Grand Bazaar: You should see the Grand Bazaar that one of the biggest bazaar in the world with the over 3000 shops, during Istanbul visit.
- Kız Kulesi: You can watch the beauty of Istanbul from “Kız Kulesi”
- Yerebatan Sarnıcı: Take a look under the Istanbul with “Yerebatan Sarnıcı”. Also you can be adored by after seeing head of Medusa Statue during under city visitation.
- Eminönü Fishermen: You can’t believe the taste of fish that cooks on the boat.
The Places to Visit List in Istanbul
- 500th. Years Turkish Jews Museum (500. Yıl Vakfı Türk Musevileri Müzesi)
- İsland Museum (Original Name is Adalar Müzesi)
- Adam Mickiewicz Museum
- Ahmet Hamdi Tanpınar Library and Literature Museum
- Military Museum (Askeri Müze)
- Aşiyan Museum
- Atatürk Museum
- Europe Culture Capital Barter Museum
- Aya İrina Church Museum.
- Aya Yorga Greek Monastery (Yücetepe)
- Saint Sophia Museum
- Library of Sultan First Mahmud in Saint Sophia Museum
- Aynalıkavak Kasrı
- Press Museum
- Beşiktaş JK Museum
- Beyazıt Bridge
- Beylerbeyi Palace
- Beylikdüzü Bridge
- Borusan Contemporary Pavilion (Perili Köşk)
- Huge Palace Mosaic Museum
- Over Centruies Lighting and Heating Collections Museum ( Çağlar Boyu Aydınlatma Isıtma Koleksiyonları Müzesi)
- Tiled Pavilion (Çinili Köşk)
- Sea and Water Products Museum (Deniz Ve Su Ürünleri Müzesi)
- Doğançay Museum
- Dolmabahçe Clock Museum
- Dolmabahçe Palace
- Old East Production Museum (Eski Şark Eserleri Müzesi)
- Eyüp Sultan Mosque
- Fenerbahçe Sport Club Museum
- Fethiye Museum (Pammakaristos Monastery)
- Florence Nightingale Museum
- Florya Atatürk Sea Pavalion
- Galata Bridge
- Galata Mevlevihanesi Museum
- Galatasaray Museum
- Carpet Museum
- Aviation Museum
- Hilmi Nakipoğlu Camera Museum
- Hisarlar Museum
- Linden Kasır’s (Ihlamur Kasırları)
- Islam Science and Technology History Museum (İslam Bilim Ve Teknoloji Tarihi Müzesi)
- Istanbul Archaeology Museum
- Istanbul Sea Museum
- Istanbul Photo Museum
- Istanbul Modern Art Museum
- Istanbul Toy Museum
- Jale Kuşhan Wax Sculpture Museum
- Cartoon and Humor Museum (Gazanfer Ağa Külliyesi)
- Kariye Museum
- Girl Tower (Kız Kulesi)
- Cristal Istanbul
- Küçüksu Kasrı
- Maslak Kasırları
- Pera Museum
- Pierre Loti Coffee
- Rahmi M. Koç Museum
- Sakıp Sabancı Museum
- Sultanahmet Mosque
- Süleymaniye Mosque
- TCDD Istanbul Railway Museum
- Tophane Clock Tower
- Topkapı Palace
- Head of Tomb Museum (Türbeler Müzesi Müdürlüğü)
- Turkish Foundation Calligraphy Museum (Türk Vakıf Hat Sanatları Müzesi)
- Turk and İslamic Works Museum (Türk ve İslam Eserleri Müzesi)
- Yıldız Clock Tower
- Directorate of Yıldız Palace Museum (Yıldız Sarayı Müzesi Müdürlüğü)
Construction projects are keep going in Istanbul because of the city is getting larger and need for accommodations. Favelas and other places are converting into charming scructure and new decoration in Istanbul. Foreign investors can take advantage of low price and purchasing them that is offered by suitable prices.
New investment areas are expected to effect from price increasing but now they are not all same level. Especially Bahçeşehir, Esenyurt, Beylikdüzü are one of the favorite district for the foreign investors.
Canal Istanbul project that will start very soon, is the most precious project for foreign investors in Istanbul. Especially in Küçükçekmece, Avcılar, Esenyurt, Arnavutköy and Başakşehir Regions, both housing and land prices are expected to increase considerably in the near future, while foreign investors pay attention to this route while making investment plans.
Buying House and Living in Istanbul
Istanbul is center of job possibilities, education and tourism center and also has most refugee population in Turkey. Real Estate Market in Istanbul is changed in last 20 years due to city’s 15 million population and over years.
In the city with the effect of the urban transformation project high-rise housing switched with old slum houses. That changes had great role on social situation of residents. Modern architectural structure residents now have some facilities like as swimming pool, landscaped garden, gym, sauna and security guards.
In the last year, the prices of the houses for sale in Istanbul increased by 4.91%. The average size of the house for sale is 115 square meters.
Average Depreciation Time is 20 Years in Istanbul
The average price per square meter of houses in Istanbul is 3840 Turkish Lira. Same featured houses depreciation period is 20 years on average.
Most İncreased House Prices District in Istanbul
Looking at the annual averages, the districts that gained the highest value in the province of Istanbul for the year end of December 2018 were Avcılar, Çatalca, Şile, Esenyurt and Büyükçekmece.
Most Decreased House Prices in Istanbul
Looking at the annual averages, the districts that lost the most value in the province of Istanbul were Beykoz, Beşiktaş, Küçükçekmece, Bakırköy and Ataşehir, respectively.
Most Fast Bring District in Istanbul
Consider about the depreciation times by the end of the December 2018 in Istanbul, most fast gained reputation district in Istanbul are Beykoz, Bakırköy, Beşiktaş, Kadıköy, Adalar respectively.
Most Slow Depreciation District in Istanbul
Considering the depreciation periods, as of the end of December 2018, the districts with the latest return in Istanbul were Eyüpsultan, Beyoğlu, Gaziosmanpaşa, Bağcılar, Küçükçekmece.
Totally 39 district is stationed in Istanbul and Istanbul Population is over 15 million.
Shooting TV Series
- DİRİLİŞ ERTUĞRUL
Shooting of Diriliş Ertuğrul is in Beykoz District of Istanbul.
- İstanbullu Gelin
Shooting at Beykoz Shoes Factory
- UFAK TEFEK CİNAYETLER
Ufak Tefek Cinayetler which is showed in Star, TV Series is shooting in Beykoz
Şahsiyet which is showed in Puhu TV, shooting in Beyoğlu.
- FAZİLET HANIM VE KIZLARI
Fazilet Hanım ve Kızları series published on Star TV screens were shot in Sarıyer.
Fi-Çi series published on Puhu TV screens were shot in Beyoğlu.
Çukur series published on Show TV screens were shot in Balat.
- CESUR VE GÜZEL
Cesur ve Güzel series were shot in Polenezköy.
- BABAMIN GÜNAHLARI
Babamın Günahları series were shot in Tuzla.
- KARA SEVDA
Series were shot in Yeşilköy.
- KİRALIK AŞK
Kiralık Aşk Series were shot in Sarıyer.
Paramparça series were shot in Tarlabaşı, Kemerburgaz, Bebek.
- TATLI KÜÇÜK YALANCILAR
Tatlı Küçük Yalancılar series were shot in Anatolian part of Istanbul.
- İLİŞKİ DURUMU: KARIŞIK
İlişki durumu karışık series were shot in Maltepe and Pendik districts.
istanbul history, istanbul tourism, istanbul population, stories from istanbul, stories about istanbul, quotations from istanbul, istanbul history timeline and facts of istanbul history